Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday, November 5, 2006


Well the first attempt to bring the bike up to the 4th floor apartment via the elevator was a Painful failure. The plan – wait until 1:00 am when there are no people to see the ‘Mission’. Push it through the snow and ice (quickly), through the lobby, into the elevator, down the hall and into the apartment. Well…the last few weeks of sub zero (Celsius, or 30 degrees for you Americans) has made all the joints and fluids slow and sluggish. As well the tire pressure is down due to the cold. Not to mention the difficulty of pushing a bike over ice.
At 500lbs wet, it is a light bike but when you’re on ice, trying to be fast and not drop it…it’s a heavy job. If I was to drop it there would be no way I could pick it up. Especially with my back having a blown out L4 L5 disc. So I did manage to get it through the lobby and into the elevator but there was one problem: the angle. What I need is for some one to help lift the ass end up slightly and shift it about 6 inches. Not a big deal but impossible to do by yourself. So needless to say I did the whole process again in reverse.
So the Silverwing is again back out in the Alberta winter in my parking stall. My hope now is to con someone into helping me out with the ‘Mission’. After my first attempt I fucked up my back even worse. So much so that I thought I may not be able to walk in the morning. But I am now getting a bit better and I’ll try it again hopefully soon. I just won’t do it alone.
At this point I have most of the parts that I ebay’d. Turn signal lights, chrome for the gauges and some of the plastic. I have also found a Chrome Plating place here in Red Deer to do a bunch of the work. Also I will be going with paint instead of powder coat. Simple reason – you can’t powder coat fibreglass. (learning more & more every day)

So cross your fingers for me that I get the bike upstairs successfully. Otherwise this will be a very short blog spot and my winter project will turn into a spring “rush” project.

All responses and advice for this blog are always welcome.
May all your winters be short. Ride to live, live to ride
BTW I couldn't figure out how to delete this picture that didn't upload correctly. I'll try & figure it out later

No comments: