Thursday, July 31, 2008


I took off the old crappy mufflers and made my own exhaust system. I bought some heat wrap tape (black) to cover the resonators and put chrome turn out tips on each. The result was a very unique look with a nice throaty sounding growl. Loud pipes save lives! Plus they look a lot cooler now.
In the meantime I am working on a sissy bar. It is taking a long time to do it since I am learning to weld and doing all of the work in my apartment. Crazy, yes I know. Its amazing that I haven't caught the building on fire!
Feel free to add a comment to this blog and send me a note if you have questions on what I am doing.

EXTRA PARTS!!!!

So now I have a bunch of extra parts:
- front axle
- 5 original turn signals
- 2 rotors
etc etc.

Does anyone need these? I am happy to get rid of them.

4 comments:

devillinni said...

Very nice. I could use the turn signals if you still have them.

Anonymous said...

ok, i'm late to the vintage silverwing trend but now that i'm here, i'm just hoping to find parts for this bike. and a good tank for my 1982 honda silverwing GL500 interstate would be good right now.

Broken Wings said...

yes I am in need of the rotors! Tha would be amazing.. email me please at kdavis317@gmail.com

lizbuckley said...

i know this is along shot but do you still have the turn signals

lizbuckley2000@yahoo.com